Thursday, March 6, 2014

New find at Publix

I'm always on the hunt for new gluten-free foods. Personally, I'm a bit weirder in my eating habits than most... I don't do gluten, sugar or meat so my personal choices are fairly narrow. Not that I ever go hungry! However, I have family members who aren't as strict as I am.

I'm also not into cooking, at least not the kind of cooking that takes long preparation or entails a ton on ingredients. Been there, done that, now I value my time away from the kitchen quite a bit more. So, frozen, toss in the microwave or toaster oven is high on my list of "looking-fors" when I shop.

I've been searching for a frozen, coated, gluten-free chicken product that wouldn't kill the budget. Today I found it.

Tyson now has Gluten Free, Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets. No fillers, no added hormones or steroids. No artificial ingredients. No preservatives. Frozen, of course! Ingredients listed are: chicken breast with rib meat, water, salt and natural flavor. The breading is rice flour, water, yellow corn flour, corn starch, natural sea salt, spices, torula yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, xanthan gum, paprika extract, annatto extract. Breading set in vegetable oil.

No trans fats. No sugar.

18 oz. for $7.99 which, when compared to most of the gluten free stuff kicking around out there, is very reasonable.

I'm waiting on my taste-tester to try some and vote, but I'm guessing it'll be good. They look "normal".

If you've tried them, let me know what you thought about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for caring enough to leave a comment. We always pre-screen and never post a comment with any kind of a link. If you want us to check out a site please don't make it a link.